Store Policies, terms and conditions
returns and exchanges
-We want to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with all your purchases at Portland Music Company . You can return an item because your are not satisfied with it’s performance or simply because you need to upgrade for a better model.
ITEMS MAY BE RETURNED WITHIN 10 DAYS FROM PURCHASE FOR REFUND OR EXCHANGE
A minimum of 10% restocking fee may be applied for refunds or exchanges depending on the condition of the item and its packaging. Items must be in the exact condition as purchased.
Receipt of purchase necessary. Refund given using the same method of payment you used for the original transaction.
WE ACCEPT NO RETURNS AFTER 30 DAYS FROM PURCHASE.
Items returned within 30 days of purchase may be converted as store credit on your customer account or exchanged for an equal or larger value item. NO REFUND after 10 days from purchase.
A minimum of 10% restocking fee may be applied for exchanges or credit depending on the condition of the item and its packaging. Items must be in the exact condition as purchased. Receipt of purchase necessary.
The following puchases may not be returned at anytime:
• All purchases are final after you registered it’s warranty with the manufacturer
• Harmonicas, Kazoos, Mouthpieces and open reeds
• Printed music (only exchanges within 10 days of purchase)
• Wireless Microphones or instruments Wireless Systems (exchange or store credit only within 30 days of purchase)
• Installed pickups and transducers
• Consignments and clearance items
You may take malfunctioning or defective items in any of the local warranty authorized repair shops to be repaired under the warranty limitations of the particular brand. If you lost your receipt we can re-print one for you.
We are not responsible for shipping your product back to a manufacturer for repairs.
We ship goods anywhere in the US. No international shipping. We use FEDEX for the vast majority of our shipping and USPS for Printed music.
-You will not pay any sales taxes
-We accept all major credit cards by phone .
We will ship only to the address of the card holder but not to PO boxes, we check for credit card billing address match. If you dont have a credit card you can send a bank cashier’s check.
We welcome trade-ins from our walk-in customers. Here are the conditions:
– The item your are trading in has to be in working condition.
– Original receipt, packaging and documentation will definitely make your trade-in worth more.
– We are required by law to fill-out a police report on all items we buy or trade.
Sometimes, letting us sell your instruments in consignment is your best option. We will like to reserve our consignment service for unusual, special interest or vintage pieces. Here is our program:
– Fair resale value will be established with agreement between the consignee and Portland Music
– Our percentage on each transaction may vary upon the type of instruments and will remain to our discretion.
– In some cases we may contact you if a customer makes a reasonable offer below the asking price. You may also call us at any time if you want to reduce the price on your consigned item.
– If the item remains unsold after 4 weeks, you will be asked to either reduce the price or to personally come to reclaim your instrument. We will not be responsible for any unclaimed item after the period agreed between us and the consignee.
– We will need to fill out a police report with your information before consigning an item with Portland Music Company.
– We are required to hold consignments for two to four weeks before we can sell them.
You can put any item we sell on layaway with the exception of the items listed below:
-You cannot put an item on layaway if it is a consignment , if it’s less than $50, or an item on special sale or clearance.
-A 10 percent minimum of the listed price of the item is required as a deposit to start a layaway account. Layaways are renewable each month with additional payments of the original 10 percent minimum fee.
-Layaway deposits and payments are not refundable. We will, however,give you 100% store credit for any amount you paid if you decide to terminate your layaway.
Renters must live within a 100 mile radius of one of our stores.
We at Portland Music Company are proud to be able to offer a rental program that could save you hundreds of dollars over the competition. Not only do we rent top quality, individually adjusted band instruments, but we offer a very attractive purchase option with our rentals.
All rent applies to the purchase of the instrument you are renting for the first 4 months. Half of all rent will continue to apply thereafter. Upon returning any rented band or orchestral instrument, up to one year of rent can optionally be applied as stipulated above to any more expensive new student band or orchestral instrument up to 30 days after the return of rented instrument. Initials Guitar, Amp, Keyboard and Drum rental payments can only be credited toward the instruments that are initially rented. Rental instruments cannot be exchanged unless proven defective.
Portland Music Company agrees to maintain instrument in good playing condition under normal wear and tear for 1 year from the initial rental. Lessee is responsible for repairs made necessary due to damage or other negligence.
Loaners are sometimes available during the first year warranty period and short-term rentals can be arranged depending on stock availability. In some circumstances repairs can take up to 3 weeks.
Lessee is responsible for the full value of the instrument to Portland Music Co. less any rent paid under the terms stated above in the event of loss, theft, irreparable damage, modification or unauthorized repair on rented instrument.
All rentals require a non-refundable 2-month minimum payment.
Payments made later than 14 days from due date , (due date is same day of month rental was started), will be charged a $5.00 late fee . Late fees are not applicable to purchase.
Lessee agrees to return instrument on demand if rent in arrears in excess of 30 days. In the event the rented property is not returned to lessor in accordance with the terms of this lease, lessee shall be responsible for the purchase price of the instrument less any rent paid under the terms stated above, unpaid rental fees and late charges, reasonable collection fees and, if suit or action is instituted, reasonable attorney and collection fees and court costs as determined by the court.
Portland Music Co. may revoke right to purchase option if lessee falls more than 60 days in arrears of any monthly payment.
Portland Music Company does not accept liability for incorrect spelling, published errors including prices, incorrect manufacturer’s specifications or changes, or grammatical inaccuracies in any product included in the Portland Music Co Website. Prices subject to change without notice.