Rode K2, Variable Pattern Dual 1” Condenser Valve Microphone
• Large 1″ capsule with gold sputtered diaphragm and internal shock mounting
• Ultra low noise
• Wide dynamic range
• Class ‘A’ valve circuitry
• Hand-selected and graded 6922 twin-triode valve
• Dedicated Power Supply
• High strength welded and heat-treated steel mesh head
• Continuously variable polar patterns. From omni, through cardioid to figure 8, controlled at the power supply.
• 10 year extended warranty when you register your microphone
The RØDE K2 is a premium valve condenser microphone featuring dual 1” gold sputtered diaphragms. Infinitely variable control of the polar pattern from omnidirectional through cardioid and bidirectional/figure-8 provides the freedom and flexibility to excel in any recording situation.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider ‘room’ capacity.
The RØDE K2 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
Acoustic Principle Pressure Gradient
Active Electronics Valve/tube impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
Polar Pattern Cardioid
Address Type Side
Frequency Range 20Hz – 20kHz
Output Impedance 200Ω
Maximum SPL 162dBSPL
Maximum Output Level 30.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)
Sensitivity -36.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 10dBA
Power Options +Power supply included
Dimensions 208.00mmH x 55.00mmW x 55.00mmD
Output XLR Output
Warranty 1 year with free extension to 10 years following registration