Yamaha P-125 digital piano
Shown with optional L-25 stand and LP1 pedal unit
TALK TO AN EXPERT
SE Division: 503-760-6881
Back to the keyboard page
The Yamaha P-125 is a compact digital piano that combines incredible piano performance with a user-friendly minimalistic design.
Easily portable and extremely accessible, the P-125 is always ready to perform whenever–or wherever–you are.
The P-125 is loaded with features to give you an acoustic piano playing experience in a portable package. It produces the dynamic, high-quality sound and natural piano touch response you’ve come to expect from Yamaha digital pianos while maintaining a sleek and slim footprint.
The P-125 was designed with simplicity of use in mind. The intuitive user interface makes using functions like Dual Voice or Split Keyboard a breeze. Every element of the P-125 is designed to help you stay focused on what really matters: your performance.
Piano quality only possible from Yamaha
The P-125 allows for incredible dynamics and expressiveness.
The Pure CF Sound Engine includes the sound of the renowned Yamaha CFIIIS 9′ concert grand piano. It is the result of over a century of acoustic piano craftsmanship combined with state-of-the-art technology and expertise.
In addition, the Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) 88-key piano keyboard provides a heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end, so it can be played with the expressiveness of an acoustic piano.
Authentic piano sound
The newly improved 2-way speaker system produces an expansive piano sound in both upward and downward directions. This gives the player a rich stereo sound, as if you were sitting at an acoustic piano.
The Stereophonic Optimizer—a new kind of headphone experience
The Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spatial distribution of sound in the listener’s headphones, creating the sensation that sound is coming directly from the piano, rather than from the headphones. This creates a comfortable, natural experience that eliminates the downsides of performing with headphones.
Go and Play—Anywhere
The P-125 is light and compact for easy portability.
With the dedicated soft case the P-125 can go anywhere you do.
Simple operation using the Smart Pianist app!
Smart Pianist allows you to control the many functions included in your Yamaha digital piano with your smart device. Voices, rhythms and other settings can be selected through the familiar touch screen of your phone or tablet, making it easy to control the functions of your piano.
You can also use the Chord Tracker function to learn how to play the chords of your favorite songs. Chord Tracker analyzes the songs from your music library on your iPhone or iPad and displays the chord symbols so you can play along! Find new ways to enjoy your P-125, using smart functions that only a modern digital instrument can provide.
Bass and Drum beats jam along with you
P-125 has on-board Bass and Drum tracks that keep your playing in time and follow your harmony. There’s a variety of rhythm patterns to choose from depending on the the vibe you’re going for. From rock to ballads, use these rhythms to add an element of fun to your practicing, or use them as a backing band for your performances.
Optimal sound on the table
The new “Table EQ” feature enables the player to enjoy optimal acoustics, so even if you play on a hard, flat surface, you get the best possible sound.
– GHS weighted action is heavier in the low keys and lighter in the high keys, just like an acoustic piano
– Matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use without becoming slippery
– Pure CF Sound Engine with 4-level sampling faithfully reproduces the tone of a meticulously sampled Yamaha 9′ CFIIIS concert grand
– Damper Resonance DSP re-creates the sound of the inside of a grand piano when the dampers are off the strings
– String Resonance re-creates the sympathetic sounds of all undamped strings resonating, mimicking the behavior of acoustic pianos
– Key-off samples provide the delicate change in sound the instant the damper falls back to the string
– USB to Host with MIDI and audio transfer for single-cable connectivity to your music-making software
– Sound Boost adds EQ and volume to help the instrument project and cut through the mix using its onboard speakers, allowing you to be heard in small ensemble situations such as an acoustic jazz trio
– Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spatial distribution of sound in headphones, creating the perception that sound is coming from the piano, rather than from the headphones
– Split mode lets you play a different Voice with each hand
– Duo mode splits the keyboard into two halves, each with its own middle C, for practicing with a partner or teacher
– Weighs a svelte 26 pounds for easy portability